Overview of PRP Therapy
PRP or Platelet Rich Plasma therapy is a treatment for hair loss where in platelet rich plasma is first extracted from the blood that is drawn from the patient and then injected into the scalp to heal ailments and stimulate hair growth. Platelet rich plasma refers to concentrated blood plasma which comprises of many platelets found in human blood. When this is injected into the areas of scalp, this can strengthen the hair follicles and improve the texture of scalp, stimulating a thick and healthy growth of hair.
Benefits of PRP
- PRP is non-invasive, non-surgical and also a pain-free procedure. The local anaesthetic that is applied to your scalp before the treatment takes care of any discomfort you may feel during the procedure
- The treatment is absolutely safe without any kind of side effects or complications apart from slight bruising, redness or swelling.
- The result that you come across after undergoing PRP will be a healthy growth of hair that looks completely natural
- Since the procedure does not involve any cuts or incisions, there are no wounds and no scars.
How it works?
- First step in PRP would be extraction of blood as you would have experienced in any blood test
- Next step is to extract highly concentrated platelets by spinning the blood in a centrifugal spinner
- A rich gel-like substance is what you get once these platelets are mixed along with a few natural fillers
- A local anaesthetic or a numbing cream is smeared onto the areas of your scalp that are to be treated through PRP. This is so that you don’t feel any discomfort or pain during the procedure.
- Microinjections are then filled with this gel and injected into your scalp at the places where you desire a healthy and thick growth of hair
Side Effects of PRP
PRP uses the platelets that are extracted from your own blood to grow healthy hair on your scalp. Therefore, there are very minimal chances that you may ever come across any unwanted or adverse side effects.
You may experience a bit of swelling, redness or bruising which is very common with the procedure. These effects are temporary and would fade away in a day or two. Don’t forget to follow the instructions given by your doctor.
Ideal Candidates for PRP
If you are physically healthy without any medical ailments you can be an ideal candidate for PRP. PRP works on places where the existing hair is very thin.
So if you have bald patches on your head or are completely bald, you may have to look for alternatives. Also, you need to be below 65 years of age to see good results from PRP. In case you have any skin allergies, metabolic disorders or cancer, you may not be an ideal candidate for PRP.
Cost of PRP
Although PRP is much more cost-effective than hair loss surgeries, the cost can be estimated only after looking into the factors such as the existing hair, the number of injections required, the number of sessions required, the kind of results you are looking for, etc.
A good idea would be to contact our clinic, book an appointment with our experts and attend a consultation session, which will help you get the cost-estimate and also give you a chance to clarify any queries that you might have about the treatment.
Frequently asked questions
Nu Cosmetic Clinic believes that your decision to go for a hair loss treatment is personal and private. Therefore, we maintain a high level of confidentiality while handling your details.
All the information given by you during consultation, the procedure or after-care will be safe with us and we will not reveal the same to anyone except to the person nominated by you as the next of your kin.
© 2016 www.nucosmeticclinic.com - All rights reserved