What is Sleeve Gastrectomy?
Advantages of the Sleeve Gastrectomy
- It does not require disconnecting or reconnecting the intestines and food absorption is normal
- It is a technically simpler operation than the gastric bypass
- It is known to reduce hunger because hunger stimulating hormone producing part of stomach is removed
- Unlike gastric bypass & gastric band, patients will feel full with liquids as well
- Surgical Time: 60 minutes
- Hospitalization: 24 hours
- Recovery: 4 days
- Patients lose 60-90% of weight by the end of two years
- 90-98% resolution of diabetes, hypertension, hyperlipidemia, sleep apnea, knee joint pain and much better quality of life
- Provides satiety with small amount of food
- No mal-absorption
How Sleeve Gastrectomy works?
- Under general anaesthesia, tiny incisions are first created onto the abdominal wall
- Then Trocars are placed into these incisions to allow access of surgical instruments
- Surgical instruments are then inserted through these trocars so as to access your abdominal cavity
- The abdomen is then filled with CO2 or carbon dioxide gas so as to lift up the stomach from the various organs including the small intestine. The liver will have to be positioned by placing a retractor so that the stomach will be seen adequately
- Using a laparoscope, the surgeon will then have a look at the abdominal cavity.
- Once all the attachments are cut and sealed across the larger side of your stomach, the dissection is done starting right from the tissue that is found at the junction of your lower oesophageal sphincter to the place where your stomach connects with the small intestine. The lower stomach is completely separated from all attachments like spleen and bowels.
- A bougie or a sizing device will be placed into your pyloric channel. The cavity of your stomach is then cut transversely alongside the bougie to create a sleeve or a gastric tube. With a pouch of about 150ml capacity, the stomach is then stapled up. This staple line will then be covered with a material which reduces the risks of leaks or bleeding.
Sleeve Gastrectomy FAQs
Nu Cosmetic has established its presence through clinics in Khar-Mumbai, Koramangala-Bangalore and Whitefield-Bangalore. You are most welcome to drop in at any of our facilities or even call us or send us an email to discuss your issues with our experts.
At Nu, we know that cosmetic enhancement is a private and personal matter and we strongly believe in keeping all details completely confidential. We promise that all details of your dealings with us, from consultation appointments to your procedure and aftercare will be kept completely private and confidential. We will only discuss it with people you have explicitly nominated such as your partner or other named next of kin.
© 2016 www.nucosmeticclinic.com - All rights reserved